- Yes, the Bulls lost the first two games to Detroit in some doozies. And without a brawl to write home to mommy about. Yet, we still have faith in ’em in Chicago. Win tonight, or start a fight. I don’t care if Zeke is in NY now.
- We’re looking for a new apartment in the range of two-to-three bedrooms for under a thousand a month -which is difficult in Chicago. This would save us a lot of money that we’ll need once the baby is born and we switch to a one-income family. It’s too bad, though, since we really made this little cozy place our own and fallen in love with it. And the move will probably happen a couple weeks after the baby’s born. Yeah, I know, I know. Not cool. Dread these summer-babies, though. Should’ve planned the pregnancy around the lease.
- Taking a grad school program for teachers nearby. Like the saying goes, “Takes money to make money to burn money.”
- I’m also looking for a new school to teach at (more on that in the next month or just after).
- Summer blockbusters (or semi- or pseudo-blockbusters) that I’ve seen without the wife so far: 2. Watch the tally rise. But for now, all I’ll say is, a little disappointed in both Spider-Man III (as you’re probably aware by now, too much happening; but then again, I plan on seeing it again and maybe again) and in Hot Fuzz (which I thought was a tad disrespectful to the genre it was trying to pay hommage to by interspersing it with a genre the filmmakers had already masterfully spoofed – goredom). If you missed the first, you’re dead. Or my wife. According to the box office returns at least. If you missed the second, and can handle a bit of gore-ish violence (actually, not too much), you need a good laugh. Watch it (and while you’re at it, rent Shaun of the Dead. Again.)